Sunday 27 May 2012

Sell Yourself First, Forget The Shadow

The Bookshop Guru

You have 3-4 months head start on me. Yes, that’s right. I did not do anything towards marketing my book for months recently except for all the usual bodily functions and stuffing my face with crap. But that’s bipolar. One minute you are busy the next you can be vacant and inactive. Sometimes you have to live with what comes ashore. They say, “It’s a fool that never reads a book,” who said that. I think Confucius. Never mind. I'm not saying there’s a fool out there reading this. But, “smell the coffee.”

At different times in a previous life, I have played many roles such as a salesman and a business owner.

The one important thing I noticed, it doesn’t matter who you are working for – you or someone else, if you have the wrong attitude it never works. You have to sell yourself first and without words.

Yes that’s right – without words. Let me say it again. You have to sell yourself first and without words.

Only use body language to start with – it’s the oldest language in the world. The one, some hairy arse ape invented at the beginning of our evolution. In a lifetime of studying people I can usually tell from body language if this or that situation is going to be good or bad for me and so can you.

In fact, it doesn’t matter what you look like. It's more about what you smell like, that may make someone run for cover. Only joking, let’s get back to being serious.

Seriously, if you have the right attitude, you can sell anything. That’s right, you can sell anything. Every day I see people with the right attitude and many with the wrong attitude. And it doesn’t matter how young or how old they are. And it doesn’t matter how much money or education they have, either.

A few years ago I was in India with a friend on a photographic assignment. We were in one of the poorest regions in the country and it was a hot day, so we stopped at a small village of mud brick and corrugated roofed houses. Within a few minutes a local man and his family came out from his home and gave us such an honest welcome and then they invited us into their home to share some lemon tea Indian style. Did they want anything from us? No, they didn’t. Even though, they could clearly see we had money. We were carrying cameras that cost many thousands of dollars each. You don’t have to be Einstein to figure it out.

I have had similar welcoming experiences throughout my life and they were generally unexpected and from some of the poorest people in the world.

That was just an observation. But, I do think sometimes that I've been slapped more times in the face than Frank Spencer. What I mean is – not everything is going to go your way. But with the right attitude it’s a lot healthier.

Hey, don’t bin this, recycle it. Sell yourself first, forget the shadow.

Just a few words about my book... .


Read the article on Life Skills and why they are so important in "How To Pass A Degree With Confidence" by Anthony Fox MSc BSc Hons

Are you listening,  what are you dreaming?

In my latest book “It’s Never Too Late” read how dreams do come true, but be careful what you wish for. Understand the secret of greed and you will attain one of the secrets of prosperity. The book will also take you on a journey and explores love, money, luck, and much more.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Hey, Chuck. Did you bring any spending money? Viva la vida loca.


Conducting Survey into Precognitive Choices

Which would you prefer half-price digital or paperback?

 Read my latest book "It's Never Too Late" by Anthony Fox,  published by Chipmunka Publishing

2 comments:

  1. Sell Yourself First, Forget The Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it is important to sell yourself first. :) Kindness goes a long way. :) ~Jess

    ReplyDelete